Winter Safety In The Workplace
As a business owner, you must obtain workers compensation in order to feel confident in the security of your business. When it comes to winter work, having the right policy in place in combination with sound safety procedures can help you reduce the amount of workers compensation claims you file this season. Gathered is all the must-know information to keeping your employees safe and your business assets secure:
- As an employer, it is important that you realize your responsibility in ensuring all workplace conditions are safe. This means sending everyone home early if a storm permits. Even if it means losing a day of work on a project with a deadline, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
- In the midst of winter, it is well worth it to refresh your employees of some vital safety measures to take. In fact, hosting a monthly safety meeting can prove to be extremely beneficial in ensuring safety.
- While you may be inclined to assume a workers compensation claim cannot be filed because the employee clocked out before slipping on that puddle, your policy states that claims can be filed whenever an employee is on a job site.
- If employees have been slacking on following the dress code intended for safety, make sure to remind them that wearing the proper gear will prevent injuries. This means wearing boots with good treads during the winter to avoid slip and fall accidents.
- Most importantly, when recruiting new employees, you must have sound training measures in place that emphasize the importance of safety in the workplace.
Serving Banning, Beaumont, Calimesa, and all of California, contact Little & Sons Insurance Group for all of your business insurance needs. Allow us to provide you with a workers compensation policy that maximizes protection.