Tap to call

Your Local, Independent Insurance Agency

Company News

Wildfire Safety and Survival Tips and Hints

Little & Sons Insurance Group / Homeowners Insurance  / Wildfire Safety and Survival Tips and Hints
Wildfire Safety in Redlands, CA and Survival Tips and Hints

Wildfire Safety and Survival Tips and Hints

Drought and climate change are making wildfires are a common threat to the residents of California. Use these tips for wildfire safety in Redlands, CA and the surrounding areas.

While you may want to curse the heavens for the fire rapidly approaching your home, you should know that 90 percent of wildfires are caused by your fellow human beings. Some human-caused fires result from unattended campfires, burning of debris, negligently discarded cigarettes, and intentional acts of arson. Lightning strikes or volcanism start the remaining 10 percent of wildfires. Unless humans get their act together, “wild” fires will continue to be a nuisance, or even tragedy, to thousands of people every year. Here is how you can stay safe when a wildfire is scorching your area.

When a fire is approaching your home . . .

  • Wear protective clothing that covers the whole body. Choose things like a bandana for your face, long-sleeved shirt, pants, gloves, and sturdy shoes.
  • Listen carefully to the local officials; evacuate immediately when ordered.
  • Place all pets in one room to gather them quickly should you need to evacuate.

When you’re sure you have everything before evacuating . . .

  • Lock up the entire house – windows, vents, doors, blinds, and other openings. Shutting off air flow in the house is a good way to keep fire damage to a minimum.
  • Move flammable items close to the center of your home.
  • Connect hoses and sprinklers to the outside taps. Soak your roof and house, and (if possible) remove any shrubbery around your house.
  • Gather tools like a rake, axe, bucket, saw, and shovel in case you need them. Tools are human’s best friend in an emergency situation.

Your home might burn, but you can rest a little easier if you have a quality homeowners insurance policy. Getting the right insurance coverage shouldn’t be a task you have to worry about, so contact Little & Sons Insurance Services. Our dedicated team can help you get the right homeowners insurance. We serve Banning, Beaumont, Calimesa, Redlands, and the surrounding California area and can help you protect yourself against the risks you face.

Little & Sons Insurance Services

[email protected]

Little and Sons Insurance Services is your complete insurance resource. Since we were established in 1922, we assist individuals and business owners with all of their insurance needs, whether it be for auto, home, or commercial insurance. As an independent, full-service insurance agency, our duty is to our clients’ best interests.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

After 23 Years of serving our clients at our location in Beaumont, CA it is with a heavy heart that we are consolidating our operations to our Banning Office. We will be available all the same hours and will work to make this transition as smooth as possible. Thank you for your continued business and we look forward continuing to serve your insurance needs. Our contact information will stay the same so feel free to contact us.

 Holiday Hours

President's Day  – Closed

Good Friday - Closing at 1pm

Memorial Day – Closed

Independence Day – Closed

Labor Day – Closed






Little & Sons observes the following holidays:

Veterans Day – Closed

Day before Thanksgiving – 8:30 – 1pm

Thanksgiving – Closed

Day after Thanksgiving – Closed

Christmas Eve – New Year's Day– Closed