Ensuring A Worry-Free Summer On The Open Waters
Summer is finally in full swing, meaning it is time to unload your favorite ride into the water. As much fun as boating and riding watercrafts may be, it is important that you consider summer safety. Compiled is a list of watercraft preparation and safety tips for you to follow so you can have a worry-free summer vacation out on the open waters.
Watercraft Preparation and Safety Tips:
- If you have not had your boat inspected by a professional recently, it may be wise to have your mechanic take a quick look before heading out on the water. This will ensure that everything is in working order and ready for your next lake trip.
- Whenever going on a ride, be sure to let someone on land know where you are going and when you anticipate returning. This will allow the individual to make an emergency call if you do not return on time.
- While it is only required for life jackets to be on board, they do not work if they are not worn. We recommend encouraging each passenger on your boat to wear their life jacket throughout the entire journey for enhanced safety.
- Before venturing on new waters, be sure to do some research so that you can follow all laws and rules. You may also want to obtain a map of these foreign waters just in case you get lost.
- You must be aware of the negligence and recklessness of others on the water. Keep your eyes peeled for dangerous swimmers, boaters, and riders, because you never know how irrationally they will act due to the excitement of summer.
Serving Redlands, Banning, Calimesa, Beaumont, and the surrounding Southern California cities, contact Little & Sons Insurance Group for all of your California watercraft insurance needs. We can help you secure boat insurance that follows you on all of your summer lake trips.