How to Stay Safe (and Have Fun) During the 4th of July
The 4th of July is a time to celebrate our freedom, and it should be done in a safe, but fun, manner.
We Americans love our three Fs: freedom, fireworks, and fun. There are many national holidays that celebrate one or two of these, but none quite capture the triad like the great day of the 4th of July. It’s a time where we grill for our friends and family, enjoy a beautifully sunny day at the beach, and light fireworks and enjoy the beautiful display on the contrasting night sky. While all of these activities are definitely a hoot, they all come with their share of dangers. Fires, drowning, and explosions are all things that will ruin our 4th of July. Fortunately, there are measures we can take to make the chance of these accidents negligible leading us to a very fruitful and fun and memorable 4th of July. Here are great safety tips you should consider this 4th of July to keep this holiday as safe—and as fun!—as possible.
Grilling Safety Tips
- Always supervise the grill when it is lit and in use.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill.
- Keep the grill in open spaces and not under the house, any trees, or any other flammable objects.
Beach Safety Tips
- Keep an eye on your local weather announcements, and plan accordingly.
- Swim sober and always swim with a buddy.
- Young children should always be equipped with certified lifejackets.
Fireworks Safety Tips
- Don’t allow children (or pets) to handle fireworks.
- Always wear eye-protection if you are the one who will be lighting fireworks.
- Never attempt to relight duds, any unstable chemical reaction could end up with you taking a trip to the ER.
The proper health insurance should cover you in case an accident does arise. For help finding the right health insurance policy in Banning, Beaumont, Calimesa, Redlands, or one of the surrounding California cities, contact the insurance professionals at Little & Sons Insurance Services.