Spring Home Maintenance Tips
As spring quickly approaches, it is important that homeowners provide their homes with the tender love and care necessary to prevail through the uncertain. Preparing your home for spring is the most effective way to ease into the new season and make for a successful year. Gathered are just a few spring home maintenance tips to get you started:
- It is time to tidy up! This means putting away all winter toys and organizing your clutter drawer. When your living space is organized, you will feel more productive each day.
- While we did not have an extreme winter this year, California did experience some storms. That means it is important that you have your roof inspected. You should hire a professional roofer at least once a year to conduct a thorough inspection. This will ensure that you do not have any loose, missing, or damaged shingles leaving your home vulnerable.
- Likewise, the storms we experienced have likely led to your gutters and downspouts being filled with debris. By de-cluttering these areas, you can protect your home against water damage.
- To ensure that you can breathe the freshest air this spring, clean or replace all HVAC filters. Completing this task will also help with energy costs, as your systems will not have to work harder to filter air.
- Just because you clean the lint trap of your dryer does not mean that you have done your job. You must also regularly clean your dryer vent. Failure to do so leaves your pocket vulnerable to unnecessary energy costs and your home at risk for a house fire.
We hope these helpful spring home maintenance tips make for a successful transition into the new, fresh season! Serving Banning, Beaumont, Calimesa, Redlands, and surrounding California areas, contact
Little & Sons Insurance Group for all of your homeowner's insurance