May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month!
May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month, which means it is time for both riders and motorists to remember to share the road. This educational awareness month is intended to bring light to both riders and those who prefer to drive in a standard automobile about the importance of sharing the road. We have gathered a few essential safety tips for Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month for you to follow and relay to your friends, family, and fellow riders.
Safety Tips for Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month:
- As one of the most important safety tips for both motorists and motorcyclists, either ride sober or get off the roads. Driving after just a couple drinks is extremely dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.
- We must all learn to share the road more effectively. This means being courteous and sharing the roads with bikers, pedestrians, motorcyclists, semi-trucks, and other cars as well.
- As a motorcyclist, you can do your part by honing your skills. Taking defensive driving courses is a great way to both enhance safety on the roads and receive a motorcycle insurance discount. These classes are a great way to refresh your memory of important rules and techniques for the roads.
- ALWAYS wear the right gear, even if you are only jumping on your motorcycle for a quick errand. Many motorcyclists fail to realize how important their leathers and helmet are until it is too late. Make it a habit to never ride without the proper gear on.
- As a motorcyclist, you should try to avoid riding your bike in poor weather conditions whenever possible. However, as a motorists it important that you understand that sometimes motorcyclists must drive their bikes in poor weather conditions, so keep your eye out.
Join us in recognizing Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month! Serving Beaumont, Calimesa, Banning, Redlands, and surrounding Southern California cities, contact Little & Sons Insurance Group for all of your California motorcycle insurance needs.