Turn Your Business Green
Believe it or not, but your business can go green and make green with these financially sensible practices. Many environmentally friendly strategies can help your company cut costs and even boost your income!
Luckily, you don’t have to choose between making money and going green. Smaller companies will use different practices to larger companies, but here are some of the basic customizations for every company to turn environmentally friendly!
- Purchase energy-efficient equipment
- Train staff to conserve energy whenever possible (eg. Turning off lights when not needed, taking off a sweater instead of turning the air conditioning on)
- Install LED bulbs and motion-sensing lighting
- Recycle plastics, scrap paper, metals, and glass
- Buy more local products to save on shipping/transportation cost
- Install solar panels to cut energy costs
- Make incentives for reducing energy use
Include Your Employees
Encouraging your employees to save energy is a great way to keep bills down, save energy and resources, as well as promoting conserving energy in their personal lives. Allow your employees to keep a watchful eye on how the competitors are going green to ensure that your company is not falling behind.
Inform Your Customers
Everyone loves a company who is trying to do right by the world. By going green, you could see an influx of clients as well as increased business from current customers. Let your green efforts be known to the community and then you may want to get certified by a third party to celebrate your efforts and include the certification in promotions.
Going green has now turned into an easy, simple step process that every company should be making strides towards. We hope that every business can benefit from these tips, and remember to visit Little & Son’s Insurance Services for all insurance needs. Contact us about our business insurance to ensure you receive the coverage you need for your green company!