Commercial Auto Insurance Is Not Just for Corporations
Commercial auto insurance can help your business’ vehicles if they get into a traffic accident.
Whether you own an entire fleet of commercial vehicles or simply use your personal vehicle to get to and from meetings, you need commercial auto insurance in Banning to cover any accidents you may have. You may think that your personal auto insurance or business insurance will cover the damages, but this is incorrect. The only way to be fully covered in a business-related accident is to have commercial auto insurance in Banning. Here are a few things you need to know in order to determine whether your business needs commercial auto insurance.
Does your business require commercial auto insurance?
Ask yourself these questions regarding your business. If you answer “yes” to any of these, you may need commercial auto insurance in Banning.
- Are your vehicles used to pick up or deliver any goods or services?
- Are any of your vehicles used as livery services?
- Are the vehicles registered under the company name?
- Are your vehicles leased or owned by a corporation or partnership?
- Are any of your business vehicles a pickup, can, or utility vehicle that exceeds 10,000 lbs.?
- Are your vehicles equipped with any business equipment?
If your vehicle gets into an accident, the personal insurance of the driver will not cover the accident. Even if you are driving your personal vehicle down the street – if the trip is business-related, like going to a meeting, personal insurance is null. It will be your business which will be held liable, and that is why commercial auto insurance in Banning is necessary for all businesses with business vehicles.