School Bus Safety Tips For Both You & Your Child
With the start of a brand new school year fast approaching, it is time to go over the necessary safety measures with your family. As the schools fill up with children, the roads become filled with busy parents trying to drop their children off and get to work. If you are one of the many parents that chooses to have your child take the bus to school to avoid the chaotic roads, it is especially important that you relay some important safety information. Compiled are some safety tips for both you and your child:
- The bus stop can become a dangerous place as children scurry to get on the bus for the best seat. It is important that you tell your child the importance of waiting until the bus comes to a complete stop to board, and staying within 10 feet of the moving bus.
- Your child has likely been use to holding your hand to cross the street all summer long, so be sure to remind them of the importance of looking both ways before crossing.
- It is important that you stress the importance of respecting the bus driver. Being a distraction on the bus can cause an accident.
- You may think that once you have dropped your child off at the bus stop there is nothing more for you to worry about besides getting to work on time. Laws prohibiting drivers from passing school buses may make you late for work. Do not be tempted to speed past the bus, simply set your alarm 10 minutes earlier next time.
- Most importantly, you must be prepared to share the road. The roads inherently get more crowded as schools fill up with students, therefore, it is important that you are extra cautious on the roads.
With locations in both Banning and Beaumont, California, the insurance experts at Little & Sons Insurance Services can help insure every member of your family to the fullest. Contact us today for all of your Calimesa insurance needs.