What You Should Know About Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle Safety and Coverage for Riders
As spring approaches, riders all over the country are dusting off their bikes and getting ready to hit the open road – if they haven’t already. To help protect you throughout spring and beyond, there are a few safety considerations to note. Before heading out, take a look at how auto insurance in Banning, CA can help you as a motorcyclist.
Every motorcyclist needs suitable insurance. Just as you wouldn’t drive without auto insurance in hand, you shouldn’t get on your bike until you have reliable coverage. Because your auto insurance for your personal vehicle won’t cover you for your motorcycle drive, you should take out a specific motorcycle insurance policy.
Motorcycle insurance covers the following:
- Liability – There are two different types it covers, bodily injury and property damage. Bodily injury covers the medical and loss of income costs for others if you cause an accident. Property damage covers the damage to another motorist’s property. Although you may be tempted to take out the minimum coverage for liability, be aware that doing so could hurt your financial situation if you’re at fault in an accident.
- Medical Payments – This will help to pay for medical services if you are injured in an accident. In many cases, coverage will last until up to one year from the accident. It can cover hospital stays and visits, X-rays, dental expenses, prescription drugs, and more.
- Collision Coverage – Motorcycle collision coverage will cover the costs to repair or replace your bike if involved in a collision. If you have a classic or custom motorcycle, be mindful to purchase plenty of coverage.
- Comprehensive Coverage – This helps to pay the expenses for damage not related to a collision with another car or motorcycle, such as theft, fire damage, weather damage, and vandalism.
With the right insurance, you can feel better protected on the road.
General Safety Tips:
What can riders do to share the road more safely? Check out these general safety tips:
- Wear a helmet at all times while on the bike
- Check your bike before every journey to ensure it is in good condition
- Follow the speed limits on the road
- Signal before turning to let other drivers and pedestrians know where you’re moving
- Be aware of the weather – Avoid taking the bike out when it’s wet and windy
- Don’t drink and drive
Are you ready to get started on your motorcycle insurance? To secure reliable coverage, contact the experts at Little & Sons Insurance Services. Serving Banning and the surrounding cities in California, we are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.