What is the Good Driver Discount? How Do I Get It?
Do you consider yourself to be a good driver? If you do, you’re not alone. Many people think of themselves as good at driving, however, insurance agencies will have their own way to determine this. This is because many insurance agencies offer a good driver discount on your auto insurance in Banning, CA.
Getting the Good Driver Discount on Your Auto Insurance
What is the good driver discount?
The good driver discount is a discount given by car insurance companies to safe and low-risk drivers. Every insurance agency will have their own requirements of what makes up a good driver. For most, you will need a clean record for a certain number of years, with no accidents or traffic violations or tickets.
How do I get the discount?
Get in touch with your insurer and ask if you have this coverage already applied to your auto insurance policy. If you don’t, ask about their requirements so that you know what to do to work towards being eligible for the discount.
Keeping the good driver discount
Getting and keeping the discount mean that you need to be a safe and conscientious driver on the roads. Here are just a few ways you can secure and maintain the discount:
- Take a defensive driving course to learn how to be a better, safer driver.
- Consider purchasing forgiveness insurance. Although you may pay a little extra today, the insurance company will ‘forgive’ one at-fault accident from your record.
- Follow the rules of the road and avoid reckless driving.
- Drive defensively. Leave plenty of space between yourself and other drivers.
- Shop around for the right auto insurance policy.
Car insurance is there when you need it the most. To secure reliable coverage, contact the experts at Little & Sons Insurance Services. Serving Banning and the surrounding cities in California, we are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.