National Bake for Family Fun Month – No-Bake Haystack Cookies!
Whip Up These Easy and Delicious No-Bake Haystack Cookies
Did you know that February is National Bake for Family Fun Month? This presents the perfect opportunity for you to get active in the kitchen with the family. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a novice baker, there are many easy recipes you can try out in the kitchen – and have fun while doing so! This recipe is no-bake, easy, fun, and utterly delicious! Try out these no-bake haystack cookies with your family this month.
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 1 6-ounce package chow mein noodles 3 ½ cups
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts unsalted or lightly salted, lightly crushed (see recipe intro)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt the butterscotch and chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler (If you don’t have a double boiler, you can make one by nestling a metal or heatproof glass bowl over a pot with a bit of water in the bottom – bring the water to a boil, and stir the chips frequently until they melt). If using the microwave, heat for 30 seconds, then stop and give the chips a stir, and stop and stir every 15 seconds until they are melted. Stir in the peanut butter until well combined.
- Combine the noodles and the cocktail peanuts in a large bowl. Pour the butterscotch-peanut butter mixture over and stir to combine.
- Drop the mixture by tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow to set (in warmer months this is best done in the fridge, though let them sit at room temperature for several minutes before serving).
Did you try out this recipe? Let us know! To find the right insurance to cover your needs, contact the team at Little & Sons Insurance Services! Our dedicated team is ready to help you get the personal insurance you need.