Motorcycle Season: Safety Tips and Tricks
Ride Safely This Season with These Tips in Hand
September is the start of motorcycle season. Whether you’re getting out the bike, dirt bike, side-by-side, or another toy, it’s wise to ensure that you have brushed up on a few safety tips. From wearing the right gear to securing optimum auto insurance in Banning, CA, here are a few safety tricks to keep you safe while driving on and off the roads.
- Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long-sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves
- Dirt bikes are supposed to be operated off-highway. Never ride on paved surfaces except to cross when done safely and permitted by law
- Supervise riders under the age of 16. Dirt bikes are fun but they aren’t toys
- Avoid riding alone on remote trails. Use the buddy system
- Always use signals when on roads to alert other drivers when you are moving
- Leave plenty of room between yourself the vehicle in front of you
- Scan the road and path ahead for pedestrians, animals or other vehicles
- Look at the weather forecast before you head out. Do not intentionally go out into poor weather conditions like rain or at night.
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Maintain your bike well and service it regularly to keep it riding in good condition
Stay safe while riding this season! You deserve a motorcycle insurance policy that works together to bring you the best possible coverage from an insurer with your best interest in mind. For quality coverage, contact Little & Sons Insurance Services today.