Meaningful Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day
Celebrate Mother’s Day on May 10th!
Mother’s Day is a time to honor and celebrate motherhood. It’s also a day to show appreciation for our mothers and mother figures in the world. Mother’s Day is on May 10th – and if you are looking for some meaningful ways to make your mom feel special, read on.
Prepare her favorite breakfast. At some point in time, your mom woke up early every day to prepare your breakfast. On Mother’s Day return the favor by preparing her favorite food. You can always make this more special by bringing it to her in bed.
Spend quality time with her. Usually, we barely spend enough time with our moms because of busy and hectic work schedules. This Mother’s Day, spend some quality time together to make up for lost time.
Give her a break. Being a mother means you are no longer the center of your own universe – you have to be selfless and more responsible for your actions. This Mother’s Day, show how much your mom means to you by lending a hand around the house. Give her some time to herself while you take care of the chores.
Help other moms in need. Mother’s Day is a day to remember all the sacrifices that our mothers have done for us. It’s the perfect time to help other moms in need by simply donating anything they can use.
Celebrate mom with this garlic shrimp recipe.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley leaves, if desired.
How are you celebrating Mother’s Day? Let us know at Little and Sons Insurance Agency. To find the right insurance to cover your needs, contact the team at Little & Sons Insurance Services! Our dedicated team is ready to help you get the personal insurance you need.