How to Prepare Your Vehicle for a Summer Road Trip
Ready Your Vehicle for a Summer Road Trip
Summer, for many people, is the time for vacations and for taking a break from the daily grind. For the family vehicle, this often means more mileage. A fun summer road trip is a great way to travel and explore for Americans. To ensure that your ride is smooth, make sure that your car and auto insurance in Banning, CA are ready for long-distance travel with these road trip tips.
Before you hit the road:
- Check or change the oil. If you’re not ready for an oil change just yet, take out the dipstick and see if you need to add oil.
- Replace the engine air filter. Check your owner’s manual to find the air filter. If it’s dirty or filled with debris, replace it with a new one.
- Check your spark plugs. If your car is idling rough or you have trouble starting it, you may need to replace your spark plugs.
- Inspect your tires, looking for worn down tread and cracks. If your tires don’t look like they can survive a long road trip, replace them as soon as possible.
- If your tires are in good condition, top them up to the correct psi before the journey.
- Make sure that you have the jack and spare tire.
- Check and fill the fluids, including the power steering, transmission, and antifreeze fluids.
- Inspect belts and hoses. If you see any holes, cracks or frayed edges, replace them now before it turns into an expensive roadside repair.
What to pack:
Make sure that you have a car survival kit just in case the worst happens. This can include:
- A chain or towing rope
- Jumper cables
- Flashlight and batteries
- Screwdrivers and wrenches of different sizes
- Foal tire sealant
- Drinking water
Remember that your auto insurance can help you when you need it the most. You deserve an auto insurance policy that works together to bring you the best possible coverage from an insurer with your best interest in mind. For quality coverage, contact Little & Sons Insurance Services today.