Fall is Here! Time to Check Your Lights
Remember to Check Your Outdoor Lights This Fall
Fall is upon us, which means that shorter days are here. While the mornings and evenings get darker, it’s important to ensure that your home and family are properly protected with light. When your outdoor lights go out, it’s easy to jump to conclusions and assume that a major disaster has caused the problem. However, more often than not, it’s usually a very simple solution. To protect yourself and family, remember to spare a moment to check your outdoor lighting this season.
Whether you’re going out to work, meet friends or pop to the store, having adequate lighting is essential throughout fall and winter. When gets darker during fall, it can be hard to see steps and hazards, no matter how well you know the path from your door to your vehicle. Take the time now to inspect your exterior lighting to ensure all is working correctly. Replace batteries if needed, alter the timings on programmed lights, and check that motion-activated lights are quick to respond.
If your outdoor lights do go out:
- Check the power at the outlet before you go digging for wires
- Look for circuits that may have been tripped by inspecting the circuit panel
- Evaluate the secondary circuit in the transformer
- Check the timer to see if it has been incorrectly programmed to turn off
- Call out a licensed electrician if all of the above have not resolved the issue
We hope that these tips help you to stay a little safer this season. To find the right insurance to cover your needs, contact the team at Little & Sons Insurance Services! Our dedicated team is ready to help you get the personal insurance you need.