Easy Easter Recipe Coffee Cake
Easy Coffee Cake Recipe
Easter is right around the corner and that means family events are about to happen. With friends and family gatherings in the calendar, you will need some sweet and savory snacks for everyone to enjoy. Here, we’ve rounded up a great coffee cake recipe!
Note that coffee cake traditionally doesn’t have any coffee in it. Rather, it is a cake served in a coffee shop or served with coffee. A cake which contains coffee is also called a coffee cake, but here this is a streusel cake to be served with coffee or tea.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar 1 tbsp more for sweeter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a few drops of almond extract
- 1.5 to 1.75 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp oil , refined coconut or other neutral like safflower
- Line a pan with parchment with parchment hanging on the edges. Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. In a bowl, mix in the wet ingredients until the sugar is fully combined.
- In another bowl, whisk 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. (Add spices of choice if you like. Add berries, or pineapple, or candied ginger if you like.
- Fold into the wet until just about combined. Add more flour if needed 1 tbsp at a time to make just slightly thick batter. Pour into a parchment lined pan.
- In a bowl, add the dry streusel ingredient and mix well. Add the oil and mix it in with your fingers until well distributed and crumbly. Spread over the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 mins (depends on the pan, cake height etc). Cool for 10 mins, then remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing. Store on the counter for up to 2 days, refrigerated for up to 7 days, freeze (slices) for up to a month
- To make cupcakes/muffins: Bake for 22 to 24 mins for regular size muffins.
Did you try out this recipe? Let us know! To find the right insurance to cover your needs, contact the team at Little & Sons Insurance Services! Our dedicated team is ready to help you get the personal insurance you need.