Delicious Peach Upside-Down Cake for Peach Month
Did you know that August is National Peach Month? Since 1982, Americans have paid special attention to this nutritious fruit in August. To celebrate this month, we wanted to share a delicious peach upside-down cake recipe with you.
A twist on the classic pineapple upside-down cake, this peach upside-down cake is the perfect dessert to showcase the delicious, sweet, and fresh peaches of summer. The upside-down cake, which was incredibly popular in the ‘50s and ‘60s, is gaining popularity once again – and no to surprise – it’s still wonderful!
Upside-Down Peach Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
We hope you enjoy making this easy recipe for peach upside-down cake! To find the right insurance to cover your needs, contact the team at Little & Sons Insurance Services! Our dedicated team is ready to help you get the personal insurance you need.