Common OSHA Violations and How to Avoid Them
Protect Your Business and Workers by Avoiding OSHA Violations
Every year, the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) release a list of the top 10 frequently cited standards violations. What’s most surprising about this list is that many specific violations crop up year after year, meaning that businesses are failing to address these safety risks. To help your business and employees stay safe, avoid making these common OSHA violations.
- Fall protection
- Hazard communication
- Respiratory protection
- Face and eye protection
- Electrical equipment
Protect Your Business
- Implement safety procedures throughout the workplace. Provide written policies for each employee
- Provide regular safety training
- Provide fall protection equipment such as pivot safety gates, overhead safety gates, and more
- Train employees on how to handle hazards
- Ensure all respirators are certified by The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Enclosures, raceways, cable trays, fittings and other non-conductors made from metal used for grounding must be properly bonded to be able to handle potential fault currents.
- Employees must be taught how to safely use ladders
- Create a culture of safety in the workplace
Your commercial insurance coverage can help if the worst happens to your business. To secure reliable coverage, contact the experts at Little & Sons Insurance Services. Serving Banning and the surrounding cities in California, we are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.