Reducing Liability Risks for Your Work Holiday Party Festivities
Business owners looking to reward their employees for the year of hard work often fail to realize the liability risks of their annual work holiday party. However, when the right preventative measures are taken, you can enjoy your annual reward worry-free. Rather than allowing liability risks to bring down the party, keep these helpful tips in mind to reduce liability threats:
- When you send out the invitations to your work holiday party, include a responsibility disclosure. This simple reminder will allow employees to realize that this party is intended for rewarding your hard work, not reminiscing your college party days.
- Make sure to explain to your management team the importance of setting an example for other employees. This means controlling alcohol intake and acting responsible throughout the entire party.
- Having an open bar at your work holiday party will heighten your liability risks. However, if you are insistent on rewarding your team in this way, pass out drink tickets instead to control the amount each individual consumes.
- If alcoholic beverages will be served at the party, make sure to have food and nonalcoholic choices for those who do not want to drink or want to sober up.
- It is important that you hire a professional bartender for the party so that you have someone who is experienced limiting the amount each individual consumes.
- Most importantly, as the owner of the business, you have a responsibility to make sure that everyone gets home safe. We are not suggesting that you drive them all home yourself, rather, call a taxi service in advance to make sure a dozen cars will be ready at the time your work holiday party concludes.
Contact Little & Sons Insurance Group in Calimesa for all of your California business insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to provide your California business with unmatched protection year after year.