Classic Car Storing Tips
Provide your car with the protection it deserves while you store it in your home garage.
Garages provide protection from the frosty weather and the burning sun. This is extra important when protecting classic cars as they tend to have antique parts, expensive modifications, and delicate exteriors.
Your car’s shelter matters to your insurer, too. Quality storage helps to reduce the risk of accidental damage, vandalism, and theft.
Here are some top tips to keep your garage a safe storing place for your classic car!
- Insulate well: Basic fiberglass batt insulation will help to keep the cold out, and weather-stripping around the edges of the garage door prevents frosty air and leaks from rain.
- Utilize hooks: Hanging your tools, rakes, brooms, and bikes on a pegboard can help to remove clutter from your garage and keep your car safe from accidental scrapes.
- Install overhead lights: Adding a basic light fixture is enough to improve visibility and hopefully eradicate any dings and dents.
- Stock up: Your car needs special products to match its uniqueness. Waterless coolant, and manual transmission lubricant can be stored in your garage to keep your car purring.
- Secure the door: Entry doors should have at least 3 hinges, a deadbolt, and a secure key lock. Don’t invite the unwanted in by having a lousy security door.
At Little & Sons Insurance Group, we know how much time classic car lovers spend under the hood, which is why coverage is important inside the garage as well as out. Contact us for an innovative policy on your classic car insurance. We provide insurance for California areas, whether it be for auto insurance in Redlands, homeowners insurance in Calimesa, or another insurance quote in Banning!