Holiday Road Tripping Safety Tips
Safe Traveling Tips for the Holidays
Before you head off on your holiday road trip, there are a variety of safety measures that must be covered. Safe traveling during the holidays starts with how you leave your home during this period of vacancy and continues with how safely you navigate the hectic holiday roads. We want your holiday traveling to be nothing short of amazing, which is why we have gathered these essential safe driving tips in combination with tips for preparing your home for the trip:
- As excited as you are to travel up north for the holidays, refrain from posting your vacation plans on your Facebook wall or Twitter page. This is a surefire way to inform criminals of the vacancy and invite them into your home.
- This may seem obvious, but go around and lock every window and door before leaving. If you have any holiday lights up as a detour to criminals, make sure none of them are leading into your home through a window, which could be easily opened.
- Most importantly, you must entrust a family member or neighbor to look over your home when you are gone. This means having someone collect your mail and daily newspaper so that criminals are not aware of the vacancy.
- Before heading on the open roads, make sure to have your car checked by a professional mechanic. The last thing you want is to get stranded during your road trip because you forgot to do something as simple as change your oil.
- Make sure to stock your emergency preparedness kit for the road. This kit should be fully equipped with flashlights, batteries, warm clothing, water, nonperishable food, jumper cables, batteries, and a battery operated radio. This will ensure that you are prepared if a disaster occurs.
We hope these safe traveling tips for the holidays make for an unforgettable holiday season! Serving Banning, Beaumont, Calimesa, and all of California, contact Little & Sons Insurance Group for all of your insurance needs.