Passenger Seat Rules and Regulations
The health and safety of all passengers is at risk, but it can sometimes be the passenger whose actions are to blame. Do you have the right auto insurance in Banning to keep you safe?
Drivers require their full attention on the road, anything less and the risk for accident severely increases. The average driver, however, is already under the influence of a fair number of distractions: their smartphone buzzing, the music being too loud or too soft, and possible external factors (like a beautiful full moon or sunset). The added distraction of a bad passenger may be all it takes to push the boundary and all but cause an accident. Here are a few tips on how you can be the perfect passenger and keep the chances of an accident to their lowest possible figure.
- Wear your seatbelt at all times.
- Pay attention to the road to assist the driver in order to increase concentration, like, temporarily pausing the conversation or turning down the stereo system.
- You don’t have to sit in silence for the whole conversation, but it is important to keep the volume at a reasonable level–the more people in the car, the more potential distractions for the driver.
- If you think there’s a potential danger near the horizon, let the driver know, but don’t yell or try to grab the steering wheel.
- Don’t be a “back-seat driver.” Refrain from giving the driver negative feedback about their driving, especially if they are new drivers.
Take these tips into consideration and avoid being the reason your driver crashed. When it’s you behind the wheel, you need the right auto insurance in Banning to protect you and your passengers. Contact the independent insurance professionals at Little & Sons Insurance Services for all of your car insurance needs in Banning, Beaumont, Calimesa, and surrounding California areas!