Break the mold from your gingerbread men this holiday season and bake some delicious gingerbread snowman cookies.
What are the holidays without gingerbread cookies? Many of us enjoy decorating and baking, and some combine the two into one activity. Gingerbread houses and gingerbread men and women make great decorations for any home, and they are fun to make with your children. This year, make sure that your gingerbread family has some fun gingerbread snowmen to play with this holiday season.
1 hour 35 minutes
83 per cookie
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 cup lard
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- Snowman-shaped cookie cutter
- Take a large bowl and mix the sugar, molasses, lard, and hot water together until they are smooth. Stir in the eggs and continue mixing. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt, and stir the batter until you have soft dough. (You can add more flour if needed.) Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for approximately one hour, or until it is firm.
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F and roll out the dough to one-quarter inches on a floured surface. Cut your cookies into snowmen and place the cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for ten minutes in a preheated oven, or until they appear to be dry in the center.
- Allow to cool before applying the decorative frosting.
We at Little & Sons Insurance Group hope you are able to bake these delicious gingerbread snowman cookies. For help finding the right insurance in Redlands, California, and the surrounding cities, contact
the insurance professionals at Little & Sons Insurance Services today.