As the fresh spring rolls around, make sure that you have some delicious recipes to go along with the change of season.
The French know their culinary arts, so-much-so, in fact, that many of our gastronomic words derive from their language. "Bon appetit," "Hors d'oeuvre," and "voila," just to name a few. Indeed the French know how to cook, and so to help you eat something delicious this spring, here is a delicious French spring soup you can make with a few simple ingredients.
Calories (per serving):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut
- 1 pound leeks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 quarts water
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat and stir in the leeks and onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour the water into the pot. Mix in potatoes, carrots, asparagus, and rice. Season with salt. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Let it simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables and rice are tender.
- Stir in the spinach and heavy cream into the soup mixture, and continue to cook for about five minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
We at Little & Sons Insurance Group hope that you enjoy the kiss of spring with this delicious French spring soup. We know we did! For help finding the right insurance in Redlands, California, and the surrounding cities, contact
the insurance professionals at Little & Sons Insurance Services today.