Hosting a party? Here's how to make crowd-pleasing homemade hummus.
There's no better way to kick off summer than with a party! Whether you're hosting a swanky party or a laid-back, casual get together, there are a few menu items that are staples at any party. One of these is the classic hummus dip! It's so versatile: dip your chips, carrots, celery, tomatoes, spread it on your sandwich, or pair it with olives. Without further ado, here's how to make hummus for your summer party.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, and ¾ teaspoon salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Forget the store-bought hummus, this recipe will be a favorite staple of yours for many parties to come.
From the insurance professionals at Little & Sons Insurance Services, we hope that you and your guests enjoy this hummus dish at your summer party. For help finding the right insurance in Banning, Beaumont, Calimesa, Redlands, and the surrounding California area, contact