Create Your Property Loss Prevention Plan
A property loss prevention plan can help you prevent true losses to your business.
Your business’ property loss prevention plan can help you minimize or even prevent the chances of damage to machinery, equipment, and staff that are essential to your business. Creating such a plan, however, is not something that can be done all at once. It takes time in order to properly determine all of your risks and how you can protect against them. Here are a few tips on how you can get started on creating your very own property loss prevention plan.
“The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second-best time is now.” Likewise, the best, most effective time to start your property loss prevention plan is now. Key elements that you need to consider are defining the roles that employees and visitors have in protecting your business. Inspection and maintenance are required in order to have an A+ plan.
Employees + Visitors need to . . .
- Follow the no smoking policies.
- Wear the required safety equipment when entering any zone.
- Monitor fire protection equipment in order to assure it is always following regulation.
- Always maintain a clean and tidy workplace in order to reduce the chances of a trip/bodily injury.
Inspection + Maintenance
- Inspect the fire and smoke alarms.
- Maintain proper order of all your HVAC systems.
- Inspect and maintain all electrical equipment to reduce the chances of an overvoltage and fire.
- All of your machines and equipment that help with the production of your goods and services must be well maintained.
We can be prepared all we like, but humans tend to be creatures of errors and mistakes. The proper commercial insurance in Calimesa, CA can help to keep your Southern California company covered in case of an accident.