Valuable Items You May Have Overlooked For Your Home Inventory
As you go over the coverage options with your insurance agent to customize a unique homeowners’ insurance package, it is imperative that you check for any hidden valuables. Many homeowners’ mistakenly overlook some items that actually hold value worthy of coverage. As you determine how much property insurance you need, be sure to consider these items that are likely far more valuable than you think:
- You would know if you had elegant jewels hiding in your closet, but did you know that all of your eclectic jewelry may be worthy of an appraisal as well? Many appraisers set high values to trinkets and bold jewelry that you may label as worthless.
- As design trends are starting to revert back to the mid-century styles, your older furniture pieces may be deemed worthy by an appraiser.
- If you have any vinyl records that are in perfect condition and enclosed in the original sleeve, you may be sitting on a couple thousand dollars.
- Did you know that antique rugs and oriental rugs can be worth thousands of dollars? These items are worth insuring.
- Any vintage accessories, handbags, or clothing can be worth a pretty penny, and would be hard for you to replace. It is especially important to insure these items if you have any vintage designer pieces.
- Many homeowners fail to consider their leather-bound books as worthy because they have already gotten their worth from reading it. You should insure these items, especially if you have any antique first editions.
- If you have any small antique pieces in your home such as a unique vase or an antique child’s toy.
- You may find it beneficial to have an appraiser work from your home. This way, they can inform you of any valuable items you may have overlooked.
With locations in both Banning and Beaumont, California, the insurance experts at Little & Sons Insurance Services can provide you with the peace of mind knowing your home is protected to the fullest. Contact us today for all of your Calimesa homeowners’ insurance needs.