Boating Safety Refresher
As you enjoy your last few months on the open water, it is important that you continue following the necessary safety precautions. Boating can be one of the most enjoyable leisure activities, as long as it is done with safety as the first priority. We want your final summer boating adventures to be memorable for the right reasons. Compiled are some safety tips to refresh your memory:
- Despite popular belief, you are still susceptible to carbon monoxide while out on the water. Carbon monoxide tends to build up in the cabins of boats, underneath swimming platforms, and in any other enclosed area that is lacking ventilation. Your boat should be equipped with a carbon monoxide detector so that you are always aware. Some carbon monoxide poisoning victims have wrongly assumed that they were ill due to seasickness.
- You are not safe from fires just because you are surrounded by water. Without proper boating maintenance, you leave your boat susceptible to electrical fires and other fire inducing technical issues.
- Make sure to check the expiration date on your fire extinguisher on board. IT should be full of charge and ready to assist in an emergency.
- If you have any old equipment on board, you may want to replace it. Many boaters prefer to get the full use out of some items, which leads to avoidable accidents. If you notice any ropes that seem frayed, you must replace them.
- Most importantly, be sure to always be aware of your surroundings. As people crowd local lakes to get the most out of their summer months the waters become inherently more dangerous. Always be a cautious boater.
With locations in both Banning and Beaumont, California, the insurance experts at Little & Sons Insurance Services can guide you in all of your California boat insurance endeavors. Contact us today and allow us to provide your most enjoyable ride with sufficient protection.