12 Tips for Safer Travel During the Holidays
Prepare Before Leaving Over the Holidays
Whether you’re going to visit family and friends or just heading out of town to escape to a winter wonderland, you may be traveling over the holidays. But before you take off, there are some things you should do to prepare your property and journey. Along with securing the right insurance in Calimesa, CA, here are some must-dos if you’re going to travel over the festive season.
Prepare Your Property
- Double-check that all windows and doors are shut properly and locked.
- Put ladders and trash cans in the garage, if possible. Avoid leaving anything out that could be used to reach second-story windows.
- Remove the spare key from the hidden spot. You’re not fooling anyone by hiding it under the porch mat.
- Leave a light on or put it on a timer so that it looks like someone is home.
- Turn down the telephone volume so no one can hear that no one is home to answer it.
- Review your home insurance. Make sure your policy is up to date and in line with your needs and belongings.
- Leave plenty of time to get to your destination. It’s likely the roads will be busier.
- Plan for an alternate route if you encounter heavy traffic.
- Leave plenty of room between yourself the vehicle in front of you.
- Make sure the kids are entertained, your phone is on silent, and your GPS is set up before you set off. Avoid distractions at all costs.
- Give your vehicle a tune-up to make sure it’s ready for the journey ahead.
- Review your auto insurance to make sure it is in line with your needs.
A little preparation beforehand is worthwhile. We hope you have fun and safe travels over the holidays! For all of your insurance needs, visit the experts at Little & Sons Insurance Services today.